Thursday, October 23, 2014

Aberdeen Marina

Day 12
Oct. 22, 2014

Depart: Anchorage on Aberdeen Lake/9:30
Arrive: Aberdeen Marina/10:55

Weather Conditions: Awesome

We planned a short day today so that our visitors from Hamilton could join us.  The ride down was very nice even though we were a little anxious about the entrance to the marina.  All of the reviews we had were concerned about the depth upon entering the channel and the difficulty of following the markers to the dock.  One actually suggested that getting into this marina is like having a mini adventure all on its own.  I have enough adventures without adding a challenging dockage to the list. All of the anxiety
was for naught!  We had no problems and it is actually a very interesting ride through the cypress stumps.


There really are markers out there.  I have to admit I was watching intently, but I kept having my thoughts stray to all of the fish that I would love to hook into.


Aberdeen Marina proved to be a very nice stop! The new owners are working very hard to get things set up the way they want it, so it may not be quite up to some cruisers standards, but it was just fine for us.  There is plenty of room for a nice walk, which Jess and I took advantage of.  The lunch at the convenience store was good too. Although, I wouldn't be able to partake of it often. They even battered the corn on the cob and deep fried it. Have to admit that I had never seen that done before, so of course I had to give it a shot. Wasn't bad!


Our first visitors! It was fun spending the afternoon with Vernon and Marci. We caught up on conversation then took a ride into Aberdeen for supper and a quick trip to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment